Summer is a great time for your mind to grow,
away from the daily grind of school!
Summer enrollment is now open for 2019.
See brief program descriptions below for
Summer Bridge: Tools for Middle & High School,
Back-to-School Boot Camp.
Morning and evening class times available to fit your summer schedule!
In June and July, you are invited to Summer Bridge: Tools for Middle & High School.
Bridge is the place to:
- get help on summer schoolwork
- get your summer reading done early!
- strengthen your foundation for next year's classes
- learn new study skills
- and experience academic material in a new way, in more depth, to increase your comprehension and find your natural curiosity again!
- Afternoon & evening classes, for kids who attend summer school or day camp elsewhere
Later in July, we kick off morning Vision Camps
Students get a chance to:
- dig deeper into topics than they typically get to do at school, through project-based learning, including extensions of their summer homework (so you can still bring those assignments and we'll use them as a launching point for even more mastery and interest in the subject!
- start to form their vision for life after high school, and for high schoolers, start a process for college and career exploration and applications
- get motivated
- really experiment with the way your brain works, and find methods of learning that you can apply during the school year
- These are half-day morning camps, one week at a time, Mon-Thurs 9a to 1pm, for a more immersive experience or
In Summer Bridge and Vision Camp, we engage students through our framework of Leadership Literacies. We have found that the more we can offer lessons through authentic, real-life, hands-on projects and contexts, the more excited the students become about their own learning.
All students create a Vision Project around a personal passion or future goal, which involves:
- Social and Media Literacy
- Financial Literacy
- College and Career Literacy
- Technical Literacy
All students spend more than half of each session working on Academic Literacy, which can include school-related work and standards-based skills, or original lessons designed by us to address your goals. When you enroll, we work closely with you to create a differentiated program for your child, drawing from any of the following content areas:
- math (pre-algebra through pre-calculus)
- reading comprehension and analytical writing
- science, including biology, chemistry and physics (ask about support for specific AP sciences)
- history, including APs
- metacognitive study skills, built on an awareness of one's learning style
- testing skills for school or SAT/ACT/AP/ISEE/HSPT
- personal statements or other elements of writing school applications
- executive functioning skills like organization and time management
In late July and throughout August, get the rust off your academic brain, and get ready for Fall at Back-to-School Boot Camp!
This is a fun, fast-paced, highly interactive workshop. Your child can:
- finish up any summer schoolwork
- review topics from last year to "get the rust off"
- preview topics for the new semester to "hit the ground running"
- learn new study skills
- set up systems for paperwork, tracking assignments, using time wisely, choosing classes and activities and building strong relationships at school!
- pick up new strategies for managing technology (how can your phone be a tool, and not just a distraction?!) and productive communication with teachers, parents and peers